Re: Oral Culture

What I would be interested in, personally, would be more direct
experiential accounts of the uses of orality. Derrida, like Jabes (which
otherwise might also be a good source), comes from a highly literate
culture; there are so many mediations at work here. I was thinking about
the _approach_ to theory from a non-writing perspective - the nearest I
can bring to bear here is Jean Duvignaud's Change at Shebika, still quite
worth-while, detailing the phenomenology of a
sociological/anthropological approach to a Tunisian village.

Alan