Damiens and Tennessee

What Landis stated in his last post, if true, is somewhat startling.
Have the configurations of the networks of power in America transformed in a
new way that re-encompasses elements present in the sovereign display of
power? The question is scary. Considering the popular claim that we
live in a democracy I am baffled in my ability to account for the
process of change that supports a resemblance or similarity between the
syntheses of the American citizenry and the sovereign. The sovereign
king was a definite and distinct material composition, whereas the polis
is a more abstract and scattered composition. I am puzzled. Continue
the excellent discussion.

Yours in discourse,

Steven Meinking
The University Of Utah