Re: MacKinnon and Foucault

I have difficulty accepting the assertion that power that is
everywhere is power that is nowhere. I disagree with the view that F's
notion of power is too diffuse to be politically useful, a view which
seems to be at the heart of some feminist critiques of Foucault. It
seems to me that by diffusing power into a network of relations, Foucault
actually creates a more revolutionary concept of power, as something that
can be utilized by individuals in a multiplicity of capacities. However,
given F's views on subjectivity, is this a tenable argument?

New to the list,
Jacqueline