Re: "local" vs "universal" (fwd)

On Thu, 23 Feb 1995, Mario Puga wrote:
I find that Foucault denied us even our local knowledge. For Foucault,
knowledge was relevant to the present through culture, yes, but more so
through history. The history of knowledge, determined by authority, is
the difference. So knowledge must be general to be true. There must be
a conspiracy of sorts. Local knowledge, unless adopted by authority,
remains a mere cultural difference.> > > ----------
Forwarded message ---------- > Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 21:54:30 +0200