Foucault and Hegel

I think that Erik Lindberg's response about Foucault and Hegel was very
interesting. I tend to be highly influenced by Reginald Lilly's piece,
"Foucault: Making a difference," MAN AND WORLD Vol. 24 (1991), pp.
267-284, in which some of the major differences between Foucault and
Hegel are highlighted, with regard to THE ARCHAEOLOGY F KNOWLEDGE. In my
own work, I've been focusing on the ways in which Foucault attempts to
break out of (or describe the rupture with) Modern discourse,
particularly with Hegelian. Two Foucault pieces which highlight this
are: Foucault, Michel, "Jean Hyppolite," REVUE DE METAPHYSIQUE ET DE
MORALE Vol. 2 (1969), pp. 129-136; and "The Discourse on Language," (at
the end of THE ARCHAEOLOGY OF KNOWLEGE). All of these, however, are
primarily concerned with the issue of language and the Modern
empirico-transcendental subject, not with history or political action per
se.
After reading Lindberg's response, I am now curious about the
relation between Foucault and Hegel on political action and
Universalgeschichte. Erik, are you working on this particular issue?
Could anyone recommend some sources to read on this -- specifically on
Foucault and Hegel? The only one I know of, besides Lilly's wonderful
piece, is: Bauch, Jost, "Reflexionen zur Destruktion der teleologishen
Universalgeschichte durch den Strukturalismus und die Kristische
Theorie," ARCHIV FUR RECHTS- UND SOZIALPHILOSOPHIE Vol. 65 (1979), pp.
81-103, but it is much too broad and all-encompasing to really give you a
good sense of the intricacies of Foucault's philosophical relation to
Hegel. Anyone have any ideas?

Sincerely,
Kristin Switala

Email: kswitala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx