Foucault and Revolution

John Ransom gave a terrific list of references to Foucault's discussions
of revolution and its (im)possibility. He also raised the question as to
how we can think about "revolution" according to Foucault. I still
maintain that in Foucault's view, revolution is impossible, because of
how power operates upon and through institutions and individuals.
However, I am perplexed by Foucault's statements in HISTORY OF SEXUALITY,
VOL. 1, which John points out. I think that John's explanation is
interesting, and I was wondering if anyone else could respond to this
problem.

Sincerely,
Kristin Switala