Re: Foucault and Truth

On Mon, 8 May 1995 15:40:45 +0000 (BST), Geraldine Coggins
<gcoggins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote to foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

* Does anyone know where I can find an exposition and/or criticisms of
* Foucault's relativism and the relationship between truth and power.

Geraldine,

At least for the relativism part, try Martin Kusch, Foucault's Strata and
Fields (Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1991) - I'm not sure if you'll like it but at
least you department might. :-) It contains some discussion of Foucault's
"relativism" and good arguments against analytic "arguments" against
"relativism".

* I believe there is a book called "Power/Knowledge", edited by Colin
* Gordon, but I can't get a copy of it in the library or the bookshops.

My library directory shows: Michel Foucault, Power/Knowledge: Selected
Interviews and Other Writings 1972 - 1977 (Brighton: Harverter, 1980) - so
it could be out of print, although that would be curious.

Regards,

Marko
Marko Toivanen * * * * * * * * * * co-moderator in FEYERABEND of
mtoivane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx * * * * * * * * majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.joensuu.fi/~mtoivane/ * http://lists.village.virginia.edu/~spoons/