Re: PhD exams

Hi Jean - Concerning your question about which of Foucault's works to
include in your comprehensive exam, I might suggest a few routes to take.
First, add some interviews from POWER/KNOWLEDGE and then talk to your
committee members. It is entirely likely that what they see to be
pertinent is entirely different from what you (or I) see as important.

Pushed to the wall, I would suggest Two Lectures from POWER KNOWLEDGE,
his piece entitled something like 'genealogy and history' in the FOUCAULT
READER as well as all of DISCIPLINE AND PUNISH and THE HISTORY OF
SEXUALITY, Vol I.

HAVE FUN

Kevin D. Haggerty - haggerty@xxxxxxxxxxxx
University of British Columbia, Dept. of Anthropology/Sociology
6303 N.W. Marine Dr., Vancouver, B.C. Canada
V6T 1Z1 (604) 822-5421 (w) (604) 733-0736 (h)