Re: Foucault and Agency

Roy asks:

"Does anyone read Foucault on governmentality? Do you - or do
you know anyone who is - applying this to American texts?"

I do both. I am presently at work on rewiritng my doctoral dissertation into
a book manuscript, the focus of which is on discourses of wealth and
philanthropy articulated men of the American capitalist class. Foucualt's
notion of governmentality looms large in my work as am implicit concept
in American notions of charity and volunteerism. If you are interested,
I can send you some stuff.

Andrew Herman

Andrew Herman "Goodness Gracious What's Wrong With Me;
Assistant Professor I Forgot to Forget to Remember"
Sociology The Mekons
Drake University
121 Howard Hall
Des Moines, IA 50311