Post-structuralism, ethics, blah, blah...

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Randy Drabman wrote:

> What did the nazis believe? Do you realize what a crime against humanity
> happens to be? Children are killing children and you talk about revolution?
> Is che's revolution one which (ethnically cleans) another because they
> happen to wear a color other than the one you have in your pocket.

The following quote, which is one of my favorites, is about the only
thing I can think of that poses even a vaguely adequate responce to this
entire thread.

"What, d you imagine that I would take so much trouble and so much
pleasure in writing, do you think that I would keep so persistently to my
task, if I were not preparing -- with a rahter shaky hand -- a labyrinth
into which I can venture, in which I can move my discourse, opening up
underground passages, forcing ti to go far from itself, finding overhangs
that reduce and deform its itinerary, in which I can lose myself and
appear at last to eyes that I will never have to meet again. I am no
doubt not the only one who writes in order to have no face. Do not ask
who I am and do not ask me to remain the same: leave it to our
bureaucrats and our police to see that our papers are in order. At least
spare us their morality when we write" (AK p.17)

Flannon