Re: Basic info on Foucault for reading Bob Goss

>FLORENCE, Maurice, (alias Michel Foucault!), "Michel Foucault", in
>HUISMAN, Denis, Dictionnaire des philosophes, Paris, PUF, 1993.
>
>I don't know if this text is translated in english, but it is very
>important: it is the lonely place where you can find a succint and
>articulated description of the foucauldian's philosophy by Foucault
>himself. Humility only has forced Foucault to sign "Maurice Florence"...

A translation of this piece (into english) can be found in 'The Cambridge
Companion to Foucault'.

Happy hunting

hypatia

p.s beware of erasing the differences between Foucault's texts

"It is true that we cannot imagine a great philosopher of whom it could not
be said that he has changed what it means to think; he has 'thought
differently' (as Foucault put it). When we find several philosophies in
the same author, is it not because they have changed plane and once more
found a new image?"

Deleuze and Guattari - What is Philosophy? p.51