Re: your mail (Subject & Power...)

>If, on the other hand, you mean that *today*, other powers besides
>Western powers (I apologize if I'm collapsing European and Western, but I
>haven't the energy to justify myself on this point) practice colonialism,
>then name one instance of colonialism that isn't supported and
>orchestrated by some Western power or other, that hasn't come to be used
>by Western powers in their own interests.

Just a suggestion, but the Chinese in Tibet perhaps, Russia in Chechnya and
else where, if you listen to the silenced voices which which to speak, in
the former USSR? Course it all depends upon how one defines colonialism?

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth