Re: conspiracy without conspirators

I'm very interested in
>> Foucault as a theorist of "conspiracies without conspirators" - just
>> because no conspiracy can hope to unilaterally determine the outcome of
>> things doesn't mean that there are no conspiracies.
>
> Any conspiracy worth the name has conspirators. The only conspirator
>that's not human is the invisible hand.

I actually very much like the idea and phrase of conspiracy witohut
conspirators and was going to applaud it when it first hit the list. in
this context of the foucault list, it is inddeed a clever spin on one of
Focuault's lines somewhere in those 8-10 pps. defiining power in
his.sex.vol.1 (and elsewhere of course) regarding power strategies as not
having have a subject (subjectless will to power, eh?) -- but on the
contrary defining power as multple contesting subjects and wills and forces..

thus, it is in fact NOT an "invisibile hand" theory, but a theory of the
visible forces engaged in heterogenous struggles -- they are there, those
subjects in stuggle, just look --

but, one must actually make the foucaultian leap/turn/jump/2step to buy into
that notion of power. otherwise, one would in fact argue that this is
absurd and that that would imply some kind of hegelian or related
spirt/subject that moves the social -- here the invisible hand invokes adam
smith, no? invisible hand versus invisible spirit. but in either case that
kind of reading into foucault is misplaced. foucault is precisely trying to
conceptualize an analytical framework that does not fall into those traps of
theoretical superstitions -- superstitions because as theories of the social
we postulate some kind of "magical" "ether" that hides behind, beyond,
within the apparent social relations and take this as our object of study.
[i am taking from christopher herbert, CULTURE AND ANOMIE, chicago 1991, for
this argument; not mine, wish it were]. thus, from one angle f.s power
theory seeks to eliminate such idealist premises of the social by trying to
make power a very tangible entity that is spatial arrangments,
orchestrations of bodies, gestural systems, temporalities, architectures,
discourses, words....

thats all.

put another way,