Re: 'Actual past'

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Quetzil Castaneda wrote:
> take a poll colin. see what you get. see if the survivors are more concerned
> about the technical construction and equations of the split atom, or that it
> was a war --- the practice of antagonims --- that construed an event that
> had horrorific concommittants.

Atomic explosions cannot be construed. They have to be caused.

> you insist on speaking in the name of the "real" and the "actual" in which
> you appeal to something outside language and the practices that have made
> that those linguistic/signifying forms have meaning.

What - you mean something outside language and the practice of
meaning-formation? How ridiculous. The bomb was clearly not built by
atomic scientists, but construed. By f***ing linguists.

And Malcolm. You're next.

Dave Hugh-Jones
'Yes, that's my mother all right, but my mother's the Virgin Mary, you know.'
dash2@xxxxxxxxx