Re: Judith Butler

Oh god Malcolm give me a break. I don't have to make the arguments that
Quetzil is, as you somewhat quaintly call it, a "discursive idealist", he
and you do it so much better.

His words, not mine:

>it is humans in forms of social collectivity that
>make these "things".

And given that you seem quite 'rationally' to be arguing that I am using ad
hominen arguments ( which they are not by the way, I have said nothing about
Quetzil himeself, but only about the arguments. Moreover, if you would like
to check your own philosophical dictionary you will see that there are
generally taken to be two species of ad hominen arguments. Pray enlighten me
which you refer to.) how can you possibly berate me for employing
rationalist criteria.

Yes, Malcolm, I am afraid there 'really' is _no_ Santa Clause.

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth