Foucault vs. Marx

Dear Sam,

I know that it is a little bit late but let me comment on what you have
written in 2nd. of April.

You wrote: "The relations of exploitation Marx analyzes are the
Macro-Pysics (a term Foucault never uses, though he could have)
as opposed to Micro-Physics of disciplinary power."

But yesterday I realized that Foucault has also used this concept in D&P.

He wrote: "These two great discoveries of the 18th. Cent -the progress of
societies and the geneses of individuals- were perhaps correlative with
the new techniques of power, and more specifically, with a new way of
administering time and making it useful, by segmentation, seriation,
synthesis and totalization. A Macro- and a Micro-Physics of power made
possible not the invention of history (it had long had no need of that),
but the integration of a temporal, unitary, continious, cumulative
dimension in the exercise of controls and the practice of dominations."

Michel Foucault
Discipline and Punish
Penguin Books, 1982,
p:160.
(in the Organization of Geneses)

So I would like to ask, does your argument still hold? If so how?
Can you restate that it is macro-pysics of power that Marx has dealt with?
Or, Does Foucault have something different in his mind while referring to
Macro-Physics of Power?

Thanking you in advance.
Cheers.

Koray Caliskan