demonizing, anyone?

I'm somewhat surprised by the incredible willingness on the part of several
list members to essentialize and demonize "capitalists." (e.g. "Capitalists
intend to create wealth
rather than cause poverty.") What, pray tell, are THEY? Isn't this just
another form of Othering? Personally, I hate the buggers, but despite my
best efforts, THEY are difficult to find. And they don't all look the same,
nor do they all sit around in nice tidy office buildings "intending to
create wealth" or intending anything for that matter. Sounds pretty
Chomskian to me. I assume others may know something more of their
whereabouts and could put out an APB.

Peter Campbell
witspc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Campus Writing Program
University of Missouri - Columbia

"There are many ways in which the thing I am trying in vain to say may be
tried in vain to be said. " - Beckett