Re: rape

Well...but then, it's still a non-consensual crime that involves what we, as a
society, call "sex" (whether we want to define that as penetration or
envagination or engulfment, whatever). I mean, this is not the same kind of
non-consensual experience one has when someone else demands one's MONEY or one's
CAR or even one's LIFE. If someone cuts your throat and leaves you to die, that's
a terribly violent act, but it's not rape. Rape is a very particular violence,
particular in that it is a demand that one hand over, without consent, one's body
*for sexual acts*. Even if it's driven by a desire for mastery and territory and
identity and not by sexual appetite, this violence is accomplished through the
medium of sex.

I agree that there's a problem here. I mean, jesus, if you castrate someone for
rape, some prosthesis will inevitably be found that'll do the "trick" with even
more violence/vengence. So this is not and yet it IS sexual. I can't dismiss this
term as easily as you can. I feel troubled by it either way...I haven't yet found
a good way to look at it. I'm still listening.

I agree with you, of course, that there's nothing criminal about consensual S/M.
In fact, it should be a crime for the state to interfere with sexual preferences,
orientations, etc.

ddd (in TX, where the sodomy laws are still on the books)

--

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
D D