re: foot firmly wedged in mouth

>mmmph phmmmphth umphth *pop* aaahh.
>
>now that i've got my foot out of my mouth, i will sheepishly and
>deferentially admit my grievous blunder to malgosia - oops, he he - what
>can i say?
>
>you know what i find perplexing about the medium of e-mail? the fact
>that, except where specific graphic clues (such as the smiley face)
>indicate otherwise, every statement is interpreting according to one
>enunciative mode.

This has nothing to do with the subject of Malcolm's article, but we need to
be aware that there are many dimensions to the medium of e-mail. In the
business pages of the Dominion (Wellington - New Zealand) last week, was an
interesting article explaining how e-mail is being increasingly used as a
manipulative technique by some national and international companies to gain
control over workers and as a sinister power-play to gain business
advantage. It is a modern technology that has far more serious implications
than using it for 'straight-bashing'.

Regards
Ross
Do not ask me who I am and do not ask me to remain the same : leave it to
our bureaucrats and our police to see that our papers are in order
Ross James Swanston
breezey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx