Re: X-files makes Diane wonder

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:09:53 -0500, Thomas E. Bedwell wrote:

>>When people were tortured and killed in the German death camps by the
>>Nazis during the second worl war we only think that this is what happened.
>>It is merely our subjective way of experiencing "reality". It is not
>>objective. Indeed there are reactionary historians who claim that there
>>never were concentration camps: "an ideological construct" developed by
>>certain interests.Ya know!

There's an old net proverb that says that the merit of a thread is inversly
proportional to the number of times the Nazi regime is mentionned in it.

To be more specific, when someone is attacking a *philosophical* argument
by mentioning the Nazis the implication, whether she meant it or not, is that
doubting whatever has been
put to doubt is illegitimate, that it condones a crime. Should I consult a lawyer
before making my philosophy?

more specifically, what Nazis get to do with the nature of reality?
I first learned about the holocaust from my Grandma; can I built
a metaphysical system on her back? Let me try: '*She* was there, therefore,
*I* am right, and you'd better keep silent, otherwise, I will call upon her memory
to silence your voice. '
Isn't that undisputable?

Gabriel Ash
Notre-Dame