Re: THE BODY

> From: Karl Carlile <joseph@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: foucault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 11:02:42 +0000
> Subject: THE BODY

> Diane:
>
> It is not possible to conceive or experience the human body
> independently of human reality. All reality is human.

The eco-philosophers and the eco-theologians will be of a quite
different opinion: Reality can not exclusively be viewed
human-centred. The human- being is not the peak or centre of nature,
man is inserted into the bio-spehere like the fish, and all the other
creature are. How can you then say that all reality is human.
Consider the wide-ranging debate : Does nature have rights .e.g
Roderick Nash: The rights of nature.

> To even consider the possibility of accessibility to the human body as
> matter independently of the rest of reality is nonsensical and at
> most serves an ideological function.

I can be reasoning consider that the human body is imbedded in
nature- then it should be possible to consider the human body from
that angle.