Re: Megill (was: A Preface to Transgression)

At 8:29 AM -0700 3/9/97, Sean Hill wrote:

>Once again I think you are trying to force a morality into Foucault when
>instead he's trying, for the sake of analysis, to suspend moral judgements
>in his examination of these practices.

Like I said, that's fine in art, but when it comes to social practice, that
kind of stance reduces to either snobbish detachment or a scary nihilism.
But I've made this point already, and you've made yours, and there's not
much point in continuing the exchange further.

Doug

Folow-ups
  • Re: Megill (was: A Preface to Transgression)