Re: Hallucinating Foucault

At 01:44 10/03/97 -0500, someone wrote:

>I've just read a review of _Hallucinating Foucault_, which I hadn't
>heard of before, in _Time_ and I was wondering if anyone out there had
>read the book. If you read the blurb in _Time_ you may well understand
>why I'm interested, even if the book itself sounds so-so.

This book is (like Umberto Eco's 'Foucault's Pendulum') not DIRECTLY about
Foucault. It is about research and a passion (for a charismatic Paul
Michel--some of us will relate to this!), but it is also a light-hearted
fantasy. If anyone is interested, the first chapter has been posted at

http://www.washingtonpost.com:80/wp-srv/style/longterm/books/chap1/hallucina
tingfoucault.htm

Campbell Jones
University of Otago