Re: Foucault for beginners

>I noticed that none of the suggested Foucault primers include James
>Miller's book. What do the connoisseurs make of it?
>
>Doug

The book is ok, I guess. I didn't care for it as much as Eribon's earlier
one. Miller seems more interested in using Foucault's life as a narrative
for the ultimate "limit experience" rather than give us a glimpse into the
life of this 20th cent. intellectual. I enjoyed it in any case. Eribon's
book is more detailed as to events and particulars. I haven't read Dave
Macey's book. Can anyone tell me if its worth the read?

sean