Re: true that there is no truth

Miles,

I appreciate your efforts and it's all well and good of course, but it relys
on the presumption that the philsophical question of truth can be ripped
apart from the social context of truth. I doubt this very much. If only
because what people in a social contexts believe affects they actions. in
fact, you could probably question Foucualt's empirical object here because
no one I know (apart form philosophers) goes around asking 'what sorts of
effects do the true statements have', whereas everyone seems to want to
know, 'is it true'. However, I take your point about Wittgenstein, although
I think Marx said much the same about truth in the second thesis of Feurerbach.

Thanks,

-----

Colin Wight
Department of International Politics