Miller's Biography

Hmmmmm......

I've been thinking. Someone recently said something about Miller's bio
of Foucault. Something negative. And there was a dismissive comment to
the effect that it was "homophobic." I could look up the comment, but
won't.

Anyway, I think this all merits some discussion. Perhaps I am the only
gay man who read Miller's bio of Foucault who (1) thinks Foucault is
amazing, and (2) is not offended -- but rather is impressed -- by
Miller's bio.

Here's my question: for all the comments about that bio characterizing
it as homophobic, I've yet to hear a convincing reason for its actually
*being* homophobic. Could someone who has read it and who thinks it's
homophobic please tell me why they think this?

I'd be much obliged.

(By the way, thanks very much to the people who responded favorably off
and on the list concerning my post regarding identity politics; glad it
was somehow useful to those of you whom it was.)

Peace,

Blaine Rehkopf
Philosophy
York University