Re: foucault-intro

Colin Holmes wrote:

> Both responses sound like elitist crap to me. If you don't want to answer
> perfectly legitimate questions because they are too 'basic' to waste your
> precious IQ on then simply don't respond - leave it to those with the time,
> patience and good will - but don't put people down!

I wasn't intending to put anybody down, although I agree that I should
stop my insinuations concerning Doug. My point was not that the questions
asked are too basic, but that the same basic questions get asked again and
again as people join the list, and often from a perspective which puts
the respondents on the defensive. Maybe this is useful to all involved, but
it seems to skew the discussion in a certain way, in which Foucault seems
to reduce to very few ideas which are, as someone said, flattened like
roadkill on a highway. But maybe I am wrong. I, BTW, was thinking of
myself as one of the potential "clients" of such an intro list, not as a
person whose "precious IQ" needed protection. I think it's pretty obvious
to everybody that I don't know what I am talking about, I just learn
in great measure through trying to talk.

-m