Re: why do we not kill?

Timothy Mason wrote:

> <have you ever wanted to pick up a hammer, and REALLY wanted to smash in
> someone's skull?
>
> Perplexing chappie, this - type who never drinks. Damned garage mechanic
> almost backed over the dog this morning - killed him at least five times on
> the way home - strangulation - eyes popping out - axe murder - blood
> everywhere (very satisfying) - tickled to death with goose feathers - always
> return to the heavy blunt instrument in the end - putting in the years at
> Upton Park. Spare you further details. Moral of the story? Absolutely none -
> habitus and large policemen. Just didn't have the time.
>
> I'll have a Freud this time, with a twist of Lacan. And look sharp about it
> , or I might twist your bloody head off.
>
> Timothy Mason (Psychopath)
> mason@xxxxxx

my point that if killing one another were human nature, then each one of
us would actually want to do it. are you saying that psychopathic
behavior is a disposition of habitus? are you saying that people don't
kill because laws override there propensity to kill? habitus is an
amaglem of inculcated dispositions, not a nature, an instinct. and
exactly how does freud tie in with bourdieu in your example?

and could a knowledgeable person chime in on how foucault might enter
into this conversation? one of the best ways to hone one's own
understanding is to explain it to the ignorant.