Adorno Screen Savers

>From the "Resignation" piece by Adorno that I mentioned recently, I am
using the following sentence as a screen saver:

The leap into praxis will not cure thought from resignation as
long as it is paid for with the secret knowledge that this
course is simply not the right one.

It was a hard choice. Two other favorite sentences that could have been
chosen are, first,

Activism is tolerated only because it is viewed as pseudo-
activity. Pseudo-activity is allied with pseudo-reality in
the design of a subjective position; an activity that
overplays itself and fires itself up for the sake of its
own publicity without admitting to what degree it serves
as a substitute for satisfaction, thus elevating itself
to an end in itself.

But the above is way too long. Much better is:

Repressive intolerance toward a thought not immediately
accompanied by instructions for action is founded in fear.

--John