Re: Against vulgar theories of truth

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 ccw94@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This is an interesting slant, but what is meant by?:
>

> >Its not the powerful who possess the mosts truths but the truth which
> >possesses the powerful.
>
> And:
>
> Ah, but for that one would have to
> >consult the spirit of gravity.
>
> Very mystical actually. What is this truth that possesses?

Actually its not mystical at all but fairly traditional. Provided that
tradition is understood as an implicaiton of inter-textuality. Its not
even necessary to go so far as to try and formulate a geneological
relatationwhip that would in some way situate Foucualt within a set of
specific discursive practices because what we have here is a matter of
straight intellectual history. But then again, perhaps Lithoi is not
such a pedant as has been supposed.

Such musings, I suppose, will have to be left for another time. For the
moment lets try another riddle: the will to power is not a willing _for_
power.

Flannon