Re: help with a quote

>Does any one know where I can find the quote from Nietzsche where he says:
>"Build your houses on the slopes of Vesuvius, sail you ships into
>unchartered waters", or something like this? Does this quote actually
>exist or have I just dreamt it?

It's from The Gay Science, aphorism 283. I must say I fail to see how it
relates to Foucault, though. The complete quotation is:
For Believe me! - the secret of realizing the greatest fruitfulness and
the greatest enjoyment of existence is: to live dangeously! Build your
cities on the slopes of Vesuvius! Send your ships out into uncharted seas!
Live in conflict with your equals and with yourselves!

-- David Wachtfogel,
Hebrew University,
Jerusalem, Israel