Re: racism & revolution

Steve and John (do we have two minds working as one here, a split
personality, or a collective consciousness? Durkheim eat your heart out!)

+

>How about - for the US:
>
>Martin Luther King, Ralph Nader, Gore Vidal, Noam Chomsky, Jesse
>Jackson, Valerie Solanas, Susan Sontag, Camille Paglia, Patti Smith,

Er, pardon my pedantry, but only tells me who you think is a subversive
left-liberal, not what one is. I have to say though, Camille Paglia, come on
do me a favour.

>subversive left liberal movements:
>gay liberation Stonewall style, ACT-UP, the civil rights movement, the
>womens liberation movement....need i go on and on and on..

I asked about your claim about the 'Radical anti-authoritarian tradition' I
haven't seen one in the US yet of a left leaning persuasion, although there
are plenty on the right though that are pretty scary. I mean what was more
radical, the commies in Hollywood or the MaCarthyite reaction to them? The
ones you mention have certainly been thorns in the side of the powers that
be, but I wouldn't really call them radical. But then again it all depends
upon how one defines radical.

>or are you just another boring anti american english academic.

Is this a question, or a statement of intent? What makes you think I am
English? Can you please define boring (define that is, not tell me who is
boring)? What could possibly lead you to think I am anti-american? As they
saying goes, 'some of my best friends are......'

>see you at Rummers - yes that's Rummers Aberystwyth, tonight if you want
>to continue this conversation...

Oh god no. By the time I get to Rummers I am in no state to discuss such
matters.

(But I was there last night).

Thanks,

Colin Wight