Re: Foucauldians

Just a detail-- do you mean Atwood's "A Handmaid's Tale" John? There the
positive sense always given to birthing becomes the sinister product in a
totalitarian regime for which the women are mere 'vessels'. Brings to mind
the fascist girlfriend in "Europa Europa" who wants to get herself pregnant
for Hitler.