Re: Concerns

Hello, Randall,

You wrote today:

"What concerns me about Foucault's epistemology is the way it can be
misappropriated for causes which I believe he would deplore, much as I
continue to see Nietzsche misunderstood.."

While, the misappropriation of Nietzsche is understandable and regretable to
me as well, I fail to see how Foucault's theory of knowledge could be
similarly misappropriated for evil ends. You have made clear - or semi-clear -
that you find something about Foucault to be wrong, but how his "epistemology"
might send Nazi's (or feminists?) into the streets, in his name, I don't quite
grasp.

regards,
willy