Re: Foucault and Hayek

Hi
I have been off-line for some months but in reading past messages I find
an interesting suggestion from Daniel Smith that Foucault had read
Hayek.

I think there is a connection between Foucault and the Asutrian school
through Foucault's interest in Binswanger - Hayek also fancied himself
as a psychologist.

Does anyone else have any more clues on this? there is also a paragraph
towards the end of the first lecture in 'two lectures (P/K) where
Foucault draws similarities between the economism of Marxism and
later/neo perhaps? Liberalism - but I don't really know if this is
connected to his reading of Hayek.

Nesta