Re: Anyone recognize this?

Matthew,

I don't have it with me, so I'm not sure about this, but it sounds like
a quote made by Foucault in an interview originally done for Salmagundi,
and later reprinted in *Foucault Live* (and perhaps elsewhere). It is
called something like "Friendship as a Way of Life," in *FL*. It is one
of the few interviews in which Foucault is talking explicitly about "gay
liberation" and he begins to put forward the notion that perhaps
friendship or something akin to that can begin to serve as a fundamental
principle for a political movement of gay people.

Again, I'm not sure, but you might check it out.

-- Blaine