Re: the market, hayek and foucault

On Sat, 30 May 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:

> David Wiltsee wrote:
>
> >anyway, it is not
> >clear to me why foucault was drawn to this branch of liberal thought
>
> Has anyone written on this turn in Foucault?

I'm wondering what Foucault wrote on this turn in Foucault. I know that
he was studying Hayek et al late in his career, but did he really
subscribe to anything like Hayekian neoliberalism? Or was his interest in
that stuff part of a study, which he talks about in The Care of the Self,
of the history of individualisms?

Have any of the relevant lectures been published in English?

----Matthew A. King------Department of Philosophy------McMaster University----
"The border is often narrow between a permanent temptation to commit
suicide and the birth of a certain form of political consciousness."