CFP (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:29:45 BST
From: Laura Turney <msrdslt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: CFP

FYI ...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CFP: CONSTRUCTING INDIGENEITY EDITION

We find we will be able to consider additional papers for a volume of
essays which we are editing on the subject of Constructing Indigeneity
(working title only). For description, see below.

*We have a contract for this edition, but we have a very short turnaround time.*

We are, therefore, asking for people who can send us already *completed*
original papers, in Harvard Style, two hardcopies plus Mac-formatted
diskette, by *15 July 1998*.

(Please include contact address/es, including phone, email and fax, plus a
brief author-identification statement.)

Expressions of interest to *both* editors would be welcome:
Patricia Sant <pmsant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*and*
James N. Brown <jbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please send your papers to the following postal address:

Dr Patricia M. Sant and Dr James N. Brown
P. O. Box Q1261
QVB Post Office
NSW 1230
AUSTRALIA

Abstract:
Papers concerned with representations of Indigenous peoples, both
self-representation and representations of Indigenous peoples by the
dominant group/s in societies, worldwide, are invited.

These constructions may be drawn from history, sociology, anthropology,
biography, autobiography, art, fiction, performance art, print media,
television, film, law, politics, philosophy, and so on.

Among other issues which could be addressed are (the presence or absence
of) gendered differences in (self)represention, present versus past or
retrospective (self)representation, the development of new genres,
governmental and cultural constructions of Indigeneity, etc. Other
approaches welcome.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. James Brown,
Critical and Cultural Studies,
School of English, Linguistics and Media,
Macquarie University, Sydney NSW 2109, AUSTRALIA.
Telephone: 61 2 9850 8760
Email: James.Brown@xxxxxxxxx

"Moreover, any man more right than his neighbors constitutes a majority
of one already." - Henry David Thoreau 1849

laura turney
centre for the study of
globalisation, eurocentrism
& marginality (cgem)