Re: 'On governmentality'

Great, I am glad to see some interest: the spin-off writings from this
text are important and growing, and I would like to be really familiar
with the original work.

I got the name wrong, sorry, it is 'Governmentality' without the 'On'.

The source I have is The Foucault Effect, Studies in governmentality
...;ed Graham Burchell, Colin Gordon and Peter Miller, University of
Chicago Press, 1991.

I have to say that I am overwhelmed by the confidence of Foucault's
style in his discussion of Machievelli, La Perriere and La Mothe Le
Vayer. I relapse ito a kind of studently stupor. 0 .k. if this is how he
says it is, it is. This is not good enough! can anyone awaken some
debate around Foucault's account of these writings?

Nesta