Re: MF & aesthetics

--------------E73E75991CB76264904EA57B

I understand your feeling. I wouldn't want to buy it either. But can't you
borrow the book from a library?
I live in Japan--too far to send copies.

wayne

malgosia askanas wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> I would love to read and discuss Foucault's aesthetic essays, but I do not
> want to buy anything in the "Essential Works of Foucault" series. I have
> a real quarrel with the practice of inducing people to buy ever new
> collections of the same works of Foucault by including in each a few
> things that have never been published before. If somebody who has access
> to the book and to a scanner was willing to scan in these aesthetic essays,
> that would be the cat's meow. I gather, though, that interest in aesthetics
> is not quite rampant on this list, so I am not sure what can transpire.
>
> -m

--------------E73E75991CB76264904EA57B

begin: vcard
fn: Wayne Pounds
n: Pounds;Wayne
org: Aoyama Gakuin University, Tokyo
email;internet: wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title: Prof. American Literature
note: "A man's paradise is his good nature." Ezra Pound, Canto 93
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version: 2.1
end: vcard