Re: dream and existence

> It is interesting that you are reading this. It is as you know a
>really early work of Foucault's. I think Foucault, in fact, I am quite
>certain, later repudiated this early work and went so far as to forbid its
>republication.

It was _Maladie Mentale et Personalite_, rather than the intro to
Biswanger, that Foucault repudiated. The latter went out of print and was
generally hard to get, but it was the former that he really disliked. He
refused all reprinting rights of the first, 1954 edition, and tried
(unsucessfully) to prevent the translation of the radically revised 1962
version (_Maladie Mentale et Psychologie_).

best wishes,

Ian Robert Douglas,
Visiting Lecturer & Fulbright Fellow
Watson Institute of International Studies,
Brown University, Box 1831,
130 Hope Street,
Providence, RI 02912
USA