RE: disappeared

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, colin holmes wrote:

> Matthew King wrote:
> >My stars. Who am I to cast aspersions on the desires of the Chileans?
> >Who are *you*, Daniel, to get so worked up on their behalf? (Maybe you
> >are someone; if so, well, fair enough.)
>
> I am dismayed that a philosopher (apparently) can't see that we're all
> "someone", and that anyone is free to "get worked up" about anything they
> like.

I merely meant to suggest that if one wants to enforce the rules of
identity politics (which, as it happens, I (mostly) don't), it's only fair
to apply them to both sides.

Matthew

---Matthew A. King---Department of Philosophy---York University, Toronto---
"It's a perfect day to throw back your head and kiss it all goodbye."