Foucault and ethical consumerism

Folks:

does anyone have anything to say about Foucault and consumerism and
ethical life?

I think one would be hard pressed to find any explanation of consumerism in
any of his major books, which largely exclude 20th century developments. In
his later interviews and short essays, he had a lot to say about sexuality in
contemporary society as it posed a problem for an ethical life, and a few nasty
remarks about the "california techniques of the self", but I don't think he
anywhere said anything about consumerism as an ethical problem, or as the
occassion for ethical problematization.

Is there anything important out there I don't know about?

sam binkley