Re: R: Subjectivity and Critique

The reason this text is not in Dits et ecrits is that it was a posthumous
publication (i.e. 1990), and Foucault's wish was for no posthumous
publications. His executors seem to be getting round this problem with his
lecture courses in that the books are transcripts of the tapes made at the
time (with blanks where the quality is rather patchy), rather than from the
(probably still extant) lecture notes.

One can take Foucault's word here too literally I think. The fourth volume
of the History of Sexuality would - I think - help us reinterpret the whole
series of projects he engaged in post 1976.

Best wishes

Stuart