Foucault and Heidegger

Dear Stuart (Eldan)

I would be most interested in your ideas about the influence of
Heidegger on Foucault. I am just getting into this as part of my
thesis: "Situated Subjects: and application of Foucault to schooling
and exclusion."

So far I am thinking about misrecognition; treating the "I" as if it
were a "thing" and the role of educational measurement and regulation
within the British educational system. As I read Heidegger much of the
approach seems familiar to me (because of reading Foucault) and I need
to tease out the conceptual links between the two (and both with
Nietzsche). I am also interested in developing the ethical
implications of both for the role of educational professionals;
teachers, psychologists, social workers etc.

Any thoughts or recommendations

Mike

Michael.Sinanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
School of Education