Re: commentary is a minstral show

In a message dated 1/12/99 7:36:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mthrond@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Your stereotype of the
> contemporary bureaucracy bears much in common with Weber's
> "traditionalist," or Catholic in Protestant Ethic, less with the facts
> of the present day (your language suggests to me that you'd rather have
> the Prussian army delivering your mail or policing your streets) or the
> constitutional structure of the United States and its divergence from
> the monarchic system.

I can hardly believe that you are actually defending the social relationships
found in bureaucratic agencies today what with there constant harping on
legalities and technicalities to the detriment of any sense of comeraderie
whatsoever. If you have read in my post that I prefer my mail being delivered
by gestapo types, then I suggest you are projecting heavily.

Vunch