Re: foucault and film

At 20:30 22/02/99 PST, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there know of any films which refer to Foucault or to
>his work in any way? The only one I know is Godard's _Les chinoises_
>where Godard basically pours scorn on _The Order of Things_
>
>Clare

You may have heard about an Australian film called "Ghosts of the Civil
Dead" (John Hillcoat, 1988). It is a critique of private prisons, panoptic
surveilance, and disciplinary society in general. One of the characters
reads extensively from "DP" and Professor Simon During ("Foucault and
Literature") is cited in the credits as the film's 'Foucault Expert'.
sb.