Re: desperately seeking footnotes

Leigh M. Johnson wrote:

> Sorry to interrupt a fascinating line of discussion... BUT, I am presently
> working on a project trying to trace the concept of the mask or simulacrum
> in Foucault, Deleuze, and Derrida and was wondering if anyone had any
> suggestions for texts/articles that compare the 3 (or any 2). Of course,
> there's Deleuze's book on Foucault, and the Foucault & Derrida book by Roy
> Boyne, and Winchester's Nietzsche book which links Derrida and Deleuze...
> any other suggestions? (Especially more recent stuff?)

I am interested in this linde of thought myself- the "simulacrum concept".
Maybe you could find something in Baudrillard. "The evil demon of images" and
"The exstasy of communication". I have only read the first book. Baudrillard
uses the word "simulacxrum" together with his important theory of implosion-
it is the kernel in his theory.
I do rememember that Baudrillard also has written a book named "Forget
Foucault" so maybe you could find something here.
I would be glad for any references to this debate.

> A author who is referring both to Deleuze, Foucault and Derrida in context
> is Rosi Braidotti in "Nomadic Subjetcts" but there is no reference to
> simulacra in the index back in the book.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Dag Helge Moldenhagen

Seniour lecturer ; Rogaland colege in social educating.