re: suicide

Dear MT,

According to the name index in the fourth volume of Dits et Ecrits, Fouca=
ult did not write a whole paper on Durkheim; there are only six places =
listed where he mentions Durkheim at all.
You surely know that Foucault was not very fond of mentioning other autho=
rs but some privileged ones (Nietzsche, Deleuze, Blanchot etc.) in his =
works, even if he was writing on them. If I am not mistaken, he does not =
mention the name of Heidegger in his Binswanger-introduction, however imp=
ortant Heidegger=11s effect is on that text. Anyway, I think if he had =
had written a whole paper on Durkheim, he would have mentioned his name.

Balazs