Re: Kosova

Darren writes:

"I see that you live in Australia and you would no doubt see the irony of
the Australian press (and John Howard) in rebuking Serbia for their ethnic
cleansing and yet the refusal to recognise that ethnic cleansing is a very
real part of Australia's history."

this line of argument typically puzzles me. if we recognize an injustice
(say, in this instance the kosovars' abuse at the hands of the serbian
government) and attempt a discussion to solve the injustice, must we
jettison that attempt based on our previous inactions with previous
injustices? Don't you need to break the cycle and actually *start*
somewhere? It seems like such an easy recipe for inaction.

dell
los angeles